May 26, 2021
21 Egg-citing Recipe Ideas for National Egg Month
May is National Egg Month and what better time to try out innovative recipes using eggs! Did you know that a single egg contains 13 essential vitamins and minerals and is only 70 calories?  They are protein-packed with iron, calcium, and contain every vitamin except vitamin C.  Eggs are a versatile food that can be cooked in so many different ways; just explore these easy meal hacks from Vital Farms! Plus, here are a few other fun eggs facts you may not know about them:
- It takes only 23-26 hours for a chicken to produce an egg! Just a half hour after she lays an egg, the whole process starts over.
- Eggs are naturally gluten-free. 
- An egg that floats in water is older than an egg that doesn’t float, but it is still safe to eat! This occurs when air cells within the egg grow larger, causing it to float. 
- The color of a hen’s earlobe will be the same color as the egg she lays. 
- The chances of getting a double yolk egg is about one in every one thousand eggs!
- You can use empty eggshells as a fertilizer, natural pest repellant and for composting. 
Now it’s time to explore some delicious egg recipes for all hours of the day:
Breakfast Bites You’ll Love
- “New You” Veggie Sausage Sandwich is a super easy-to-make breakfast!
- Who said you can’t have pizza for breakfast? This Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza is the way to go.
- These Sausage, Egg & Cheese Vegetarian Breakfast Sandwiches are ready in no time!
- Need a quick grab-and-go bite to eat? Check out Pasture-Raised Egg Bites!
- Make a whole week’s worth of breakfast sammies with these Sheet Pan Egg Sandwiches.
- Have a gyro for breakfast with this savory Gyro Omelet.
- These Jimmy Dean Casserole Bites are so fun to eat on the go.
- Who doesn’t love a cheesy Breakfast Burrito in a variety of flavors?
- These Gourmet Breakfast Toast with Poached Eggs ideas are perfect for your next brunch!
Savory Egg Sandwiches
- Buttermilk biscuits up the game on these Mason Dixie Breakfast Sandwiches!
- This open-faced Favorite Summertime Scramble with Tomato and Basil is a creamy and light meal!
- You’ll love this simple waffle sammie recipe: Leggo My Eggo with Avocado and Goat Cheese.
- Egg Salad Sandwiches with Egg White Mayonnaise is perfect for a light lunch or snack!
- Have it sweet AND savory with an Ultimate Pancake Breakfast Sandwich with Chipotle Mayo Syrup.
- Check out this Canadian Bacon and Cheddar Muffin Puff!
- These Ham and Swiss Spinach Egg Sandwiches are a upgrade to your typical ham and cheese sammie.
Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner
- This Hearty Baked Omelette is perfect for dinner for the whole family!
- How deliciously fancy is this Pesto Asparagus Egg Skillet?
- Why not have this simply amazing Bacon & Tomato Quiche for your next dinner party?
- Mexican Street Corn (Elote) Fries with Poached Eggs and Roasted Poblano Hollandaise is a hearty dish sure to please the whole family!
- Eggs Ranchero Supreme is such a cheesy and fulfilling dinner idea!
What are your favorite ways to enjoy eggs? Share with us on social! @EasyHomeMeals