Recipe At A Glance
Whether you’re looking for something special to serve for brunch, a light lunch or a refreshing change-of-pace dinner, nothing fits the bill better than this Bacon & Tomato Quiche.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon pieces, reserving 1 tablespoon for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced into wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate and flute edges.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheeses; mix well. Place half the cheese mixture in the pie crust, then top it with bacon pieces, tomatoes, and remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and half-and-half; slowly pour evenly over the top. Sprinkle with reserved bacon pieces.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until center is set. Let sit 10-15 minutes to firm up, then garnish with avocado wedges, cut into wedges and serve.