- 4 frozen buttermilk pancakes
- 2 fully cooked frozen sausage patties (can substitute with vegetarian sausage patties)
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 slices American cheese
Chipotle Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. adobo sauce from a can of chipotles in adobo
- Place the frozen sausage patties in a cold skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until heated through and golden on both sides.
- Top each sausage with a slice of cheese, cover the pan and turn off the heat.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook to the desired doneness.
- Warm the pancakes according to package directions.
- To make the Chipotle Maple Syrup, combine the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk to combine. Keep warm.
- To assemble the sandwiches, place 1 sausage patty on 1 pancake. Top with a fried egg and finish with another pancake.
- Drizzle with Chipotle Maple Syrup and serve.