Recipe At A Glance
This rise ‘n’ shine breakfast “sandwich” from Mr. Food Test Kitchen is packed with protein, low in carbs and is bursting with flavor!
- 1/4 cup refrigerated egg substitute
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 frozen veggie breakfast sausage patties, heated according to package directions
- In a small bowl, combine egg substitute, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into the skillet and stir gently with a spatula until it just starts to set up. Sprinkle half the cheese in the middle of egg and let cook until the cheese is melted and egg is no longer runny.
- Fold the sides of the egg over the cheese, then repeat with the other two sides, creating a pillow.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on egg and place between two warmed sausage patties. Secure with a toothpick and dig in.
Test Kitchen Tip: Feel free to add some chopped frozen and thawed veggies along with the cheese to add even more yummy goodness.