March 9, 2022
19 Meatball Recipes for National Meatball Day
A meatball a day keeps the doctor away, or something like that… It’s March 9, which means it’s National Meatball Day! While many think the meatball was invented in Italy, that’s actually false. The true origin of the meatball is unknown. It’s guessed to have come from a Persian dish called kofta, a dish of minced or ground beef, chicken, pork, or lamb, mixed with rice, bulgur, or mashed lentils. Wherever it may have originated, the meatball has since been adapted into countless cultures across the world.
We love the versatility of meatballs, and how they can be made from all kinds of meats, poultry, pork and even plant-based proteins. From Italian style to turkey and Swedish to meatless, the frozen food aisle offers a variety of pre-made meatballs that taste like homemade with no rolling required. Using frozen meatballs makes meal-prep so much easier as half the work is already done for you! We’ve rounded up some of our favorite classic and unique recipes using frozen meatballs, plus frozen meatballs you can find at your local supermarket.
Recipes using Meatballs
- Up the flavor profile at dinnertime with this Skillet French Onion Angus Meatball Bake.
- Make this Squash “Spaghetti and Meatballs” completely gluten-free with gluten-free meatballs.
- Warm up with this hearty bowl of Southwestern Meatball Soup.
- Get your snack on with Meatball Poutine.
- For a hearty casserole, make this Meatball Tater Tot Bake.
- These spicy Chipotle Albondigas taste great over rice.
- We bet you havent had meatballs quite like these Sweet & Spicy Glazed Korean Meatballs!
- Pasta lovers will be pleasantly surprised by Baked Zucchini Spirals and Meatballs Parmesan.
- These Meatball Street Tacos will give you something to taco ’bout.
- These cheese sauce in these Cheesy Italian Meatballs is incredible!
- For the perfect appetizer, make these Phyllo Meatballs — don’t forget pizza sauce for dipping!
- This Turkey Meatball Flatbread with Ricotta, Mozzarella and Basil is loaded with flavor
- These Chinatown Meatballs are a little tangy, a little sweet.
- If you like stuffed peppers then you’ll love these Cheesy Meatball-Stuffed Peppers.
- You won’t be able to tell the difference in this Sesame Teriyaki Meatless Meatballs & Spaghetti Lo Mein
- Just in time for March Madness, make these Crock Pot Homestyle Meatballs with Honey, Buffalo Sauce for all your basketball viewing.
- Bring the whole family together with this Meatball Stroganoff Biscuit Casserole.
- Let your taste buds take a journey with these Slow Cooker Thai Meatballs.
- Mama Mia’s Meatball Bake is as easy as it is delicious!
- Italian Style Meatballs
- Homestyle Meatballs
- Turkey Meatballs
- Angus Beef Meatballs
- Veggie Meatballs
- Gluten-Free Italian Style Meatballs
- Swedish Meatballs
What’s your favorite meatball recipe? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.