Throw a Cinco de Mayo Fiesta At Home!
Today is Cinco De Mayo. It’s the perfect excuse to throw a fiesta starring your favorite Mexican snacks, main courses, drinks and of course, desserts! Instead of going out for a crowded meal, why not throw your own Cinco de Mayo celebration at home! The frozen food aisle has heat-and-eat Mexican foods – like taquitos, chimichangas, burritos, rice, mini tacos, corn, quesadillas, enchiladas and even churros! From cheeses to sour cream and yogurt to cream cheese, the dairy aisle has the ingredients you need to whip up the tastiest dishes. And we can’t forget frozen fruits, plus juices and milks from the dairy aisle to make fiesta-worthy beverages! There are even vegetarian and vegan options to make celebrating inclusive of all lifestyles.
Here’s a menu to get you started for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta:
Snacks & Apps
- Whether you like chicken or beef, these Taquitos are the perfect appetizer on Cinco de Mayo or any day.
- This Queso Fundido will have everyone trying to double dip!
- Whip up this creamy Guacamole recipe using plain yogurt!
- Satisfy your snack craving with these Mini Tacos – in beef & cheese and queso chicken flavors.
- For a snack everyone can enjoy, make this Vegan Queso Dip.
- Heat up these chicken or beef Chimichangas and cut into bite-size pieces for snack.
- Keep it simple yet flavorful with these Beef Tacos.
- You better make a second batch of these Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas.
- These Steak Fajita Quesadillas will bring everyone to the table.
- Kick off the Cinco de Mayo celebrations with this yummy Four Cheese Mexican Omelette.
- Your taste buds will go loco over these Oaxacan Chicken Burritos.
- For a unique dinner idea, make these easy Chipotle Albondigas using frozen meatballs.
- These Chicken Pibil Tostadas have a tangy flavor that’s sure to intrigue!
- There’s no need to go to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy carnitas – make these Quick Carnitas Tacos.
- Because appetizers for dinner are always a good idea – serve up Nachos Grande for Cinco de Mayo!
- Start the holiday with these tasty Breakfast Burritos.
- For a fun Cinco de Mayo idea, plan a Quesadilla Bar with all the fixins’!
- If you’re vegetarian, you can still celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Meatless Enchiladas.
- One sip up this Spicy Watermelon cocktail and you’ll be fiesta-ready!
- This Tequila Sunset is a refreshingly fun way to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
- Mayan Hot Chocolate is a great way to warm up on a cool May morning.
- Say goodbye to margarita mix and instead make this Strawberry Margarita using frozen strawberries.
- Because you can’t have a proper Mexican fiesta without Churros with Chocolate Dipping Sauce!
- For a staple Mexican dessert, whip up this Caramel Flan using this surprising dairy ingredient.
- Win the holiday by serving up these Homemade Ice Cream Tacos for dessert!
- This Mexican Chocolate Pie with Cinnamon Drizzle is the perfect end to the holiday.
- If you like tres leches cake, then you’ll love this Inside-Out Cherry Vanilla Tres Leches Ice Cream Cake!
How will you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? Share your Mexican food photos with us @EasyHomeMeals.