- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 ½ cups of flour, sifted
- ¼ cup of whole milk
- 4 Tbsp. of melted butter
- 3 pints of assorted Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream
- 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- For the Shells: In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and salt until light and fluffy. Next, whisk in the sugar until combined, followed by adding the flour until combined. Finish by whisking in the melted butter.
- Pour 1 ounce of the batter into the waffle cone iron and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned all over.
- Immediately remove once finished cooking and fold them over to form a taco.
- Next, spoon in the ice cream to form to the inside of each shell until they are filled to the edges and place back in the freezer.
- In a large glass bowl add the chocolate chips and place in the microwave for 1 minute and then stir. Place it back in the microwave on :30 second bursts stirring in between each cooking period until the chocolate is melted.
- Brush the tops of the ice cream tacos with the melted chocolate to cover and place back in the freezer to completely freeze.
- Serve cold!