April 3, 2020
Fun Recipes to Get Kids in the Kitchen
With families across the country at home together, now is the perfect time to get kids in the kitchen to help build their independence and confidence. They can learn about measuring ingredients, cooking methods and food safety while having fun. Give them age-appropriate tasks to get them involved in meal preparation. Children are more likely to eat foods they had a hand in preparing. Here are some easy, kid-approved recipes to help you get started.
These fun to make and eat recipes will have your house full of laughs.
- These tasty Fishy Face Waffles and brightly-colored fruits, will swim right off the plate.
- As yummy as they are cute, Pig-Butt Cookies will have kids snorting with laughter.
- Let your kids’ imaginations run wild coming up with unique faces for these Funny Face Grilled Cheese
- Cute and portion-controlled Flower Pot Cups will bring some sunshine to everyone’s day.
- Wearing your comfy flip flops around the house? Now you can snack on Cute Flip Flop Sandwiches
- Nobunny will be able to resist these sweet Phyllo Cotton Tails.
What kid doesn’t love pizza? Let them help make these fun and simple variations.
- There’s no “topping” this delicious Pierogy Pizza.
- Just the right size for small hands, Pizza Margherita English muffins are sure to be a hit.
- The crispy outer layer and perfect chewy center of this Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza is ideal for breakfast or dessert.
- This mini-mex snack is sure to deliver on south of the border taste.
- Serve up a big slice of Tutti Frutti Dessert Pizza after dinner and watch as your family’s faces light up.
- Watermelon Pizza is the fun way to have a light and healthy snack.
These perfectly kid-sized morsels will make any at-home meal or snack feel extraordinary.
- Smoky Maple Bacon Meatball Breakfast Sliders will get kids out of bed and ready to go any day of the week.
- Your favorite sandwich now comes in bite-size for kids with these Philly Cheesesteak Omelet Cups.
- One bite of these Stuffed Tex-Mex Rollups and you’ll understand why kids of all ages find them irresistible.
- If you’re a fan of cheesy bread, then you must try these Ham Cheese Chipotle Bread Balls.
- These Quick Chicken Pinwheels are a creamy, crunchy finger food that’s always a hit – no party required.
- Have a little fiesta at home when you teach kids how to make Mini Taco Bowls.
Kids will go bananas for these extra special over-the-top sweets.
- You’re going to love the Best Ice Cream Cake Ever with its layers of ice cream surrounded by ice cream sandwiches.
- Pie Crust Nachos are a simple yet scrumptious dessert
- Easy to make and delicious to eat, these Puff Pastry Donuts make a stunning dessert or sweet breakfast.
- Kids will love to come up with tasty combinations for these homemade Chocolate Dipped Ice Cream Sandwiches.
- With Ice Cream Cone Cannolis you can have a yummy portable dessert without it melting in your hands.
- What could be more fun than a totally dippable Easy 3-Ingredient Chocolate Fondue?
What recipe creations are you making with your kids? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.