Recipe At A Glance
One bite of these Stuffed Tex-Mex Rollups and you’ll understand why the Mr. Food Test Kitchen makes so many of ’em at a time! Kids of all ages will find these cheesy rollups simply irresistible, especially since they’re rolled in a buttery, seasoned, and crunchy chip topping. These rollups are simply the perfect snack!
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 24 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 (1.0-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed ranch-flavored tortilla chips
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and egg yolk until smooth.
- Stir in cheese, set aside. Roll out each bread slice to about 1/8-inch thickness with a rolling pin.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over each slice of bread.
- Roll up each slice jellyroll-style and place on a baking sheet. In a medium bowl, combine butter and taco seasoning mix.
- Brush butter mixture lightly over rollups on all sides.
- Roll them into crushed tortilla chips until coated. Place seam side down on baking sheet, cover and freeze at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake rollups 10 to 12 minutes, or until coating is crispy.