- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1-1/2 cups refrigerated shredded potatoes
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped pepper and onion blend, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 frozen sandwich steaks (see Tips)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter and sauté potatoes, pepper and onions, salt and pepper for 6 to 8 minutes, or until potatoes start to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove mixture to a bowl.
- Place steaks in skillet and cook 1 minute, turning once halfway through cooking. Using two forks, shred meat into pieces and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, 1/2 cup cheese, potato mixture and steak, mix well. Spoon mixture evenly into muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 minutes, sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and egg is set in center.
- Let sit for 3 minutes then remove from muffin tins and serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- If you’re not familiar with frozen sandwich steaks, you are in for a treat! Found in the freezer case, they’re thin “steaks” that cook quickly and so super tender, they break up while cooking.
- Also, if you want to make these omelet cups ahead of time, they store great in the fridge and reheat in seconds in the microwave.