May 3, 2021
25 Cinco de Mayo Recipes + Ideas for Celebrating!
May 5th is Cinco de Mayo, which is the date in 1862 when Mexico conquered France during the Franco-Mexican War in the Battle of Puebla. This battle was so symbolic for the country since it was just a small Mexican army that defeated a larger occupying force. Many celebrate Mexico and its vibrant culture on this day, and the frozen and dairy aisles offer so many products and recipe ingredients fit for any feast! Check out these ideas for a memorable Cinco de Mayo celebration!
Celebratory Chips & Dip Ideas
- With only six ingredients, this amazing Baked Chorizo and Chipotle Queso is so delicious.
- This Creamy Cilantro Lime Yogurt Dip is so good with chips or taquitos.
- This Mexican Black Bean Dip is so colorful and full of flavor!
- It wouldn’t be a fiesta without some Guacamole!
- Spice up your Cinco de Mayo celebrations with this Jalapeño Salsa.
- You’ve never had a dip quite like this Enchilada Dip.
- How creamy and irresistible does this Hatch Green Chile Dip look?!
- All you need to make this Queso Fundido Dip is turkey sausage patties + Mexican shredded cheese.
Amazing Appetizers and Savory Snacks
- These Potato Flautas are so delicious served alongside salsa, sour cream or this yummy guac!
- Chimichangas are a crunchy snack that you can heat up and enjoy in four cheesy flavors.
- Serve up Turkey Taco Meatball Cups for an easy bite-sized app.
- Serve up these Charbroiled Chicken & Monterey Jack Cheese Quesadillas with a delicious pico de gallo!
- These Chili-Cheese Nachos are sure to be a stunning crowd-pleaser!
- Get your taco fix with these Beef & Cheese Mini Tacos.
- Tequila Lime Shrimp Phyllo Cups are an entire taco in just one bite!
- Grab some simple ingredients for this Taquito Layered Dip.
Magnificent Main Dishes
- You have to have tacos for Cinco de Mayo – try these Grilled Chicken Tacos!
- Everyone will devour this Mexican Pizza with Avocado Crema starring refrigerated pizza crust dough.
- Med Mex Black Bean Tostados are a creamy combination of veggies, eggs and a black bean burger!
- Chiles Rellenos with Sweet Picadillo is a quick and zesty recipe.
- Chicken Enchiladas Poblano with black beans and rice is a creamy frozen entrée for lunch.
- Take your taquitos up a notch and make this Grilled Chicken Taqutios with Queso for dinner.
- These ten burrito varieties are sure to please any palate, including gluten free and plant-based options.
- Make this Taco Pie for a savory, one-dish dinner.
- Have a burrito without the tortilla with this tasty Unwrapped Burrito Bowl for lunch!
What Cinco de Mayo recipes and frozen dishes will you make to celebrate? Share with us on social @EasyHomeMeals!