March 17, 2022
17 St. Paddy’s Beverages, Sweets & Eats
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Whether you’re Irish or just love to celebrate this shamrock and green-filled holiday, we’re here for it. Saint Patrick’s Day honors the Roman Catholic feast day of the patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick. St. Patrick died on March 17, 461. While St. Patrick’s Day is often referred to as St. Paddy’s Day for short, many Americans mistakenly spell it St. “Patty’s” Day. If you talk to any person of Irish decent, they’ll tell you that that’s completely wrong. Patty is actually a nickname for Patricia, a woman’s name. And St. Patrick was, of course, a man. Paddy is appropriate because it comes from Padraig, a variant of the name Patrick.
To celebrate St. Paddy’s Day, we’ve rounded up our favorite festive ideas, traditional Irish fare and unique recipes using frozen and refrigerated ingredients.
- For a chilled, mocktail version, make this Cold Brew Irish Cream.
- Shake up this Green Irish Eyes Mocktail for your St. Paddy’s celebrations.
- Surprise your little leprechauns with Vanilla Mint Irish Milk!
- Keep it traditional and warm up with this Irish Coffee.
- Blend up your own Mint Patties Milkshake at home with mint cookies and cream ice cream.
- For a dairy-free version, make this Irish Coffee recipe.
St. Patrick’s Day Eats & Sweets
- Start your St. Paddy’s with this Corned Beef, Cauliflower & Sweet Potato Hash.
- Your wee hooligans will just love these Irish Crème Cupcakes!
- Simplify making Beef Stew using frozen veggies made especially for stew.
- These Leprechaun Pies are so cute and festive, and the perfect size for your little ones!
- Keep it traditional with this Irish Soda Bread.
- Whether for snack time or a St. Patrick’s Day party appetizer, make this Shamrock Dip with Leprechaun Cheese Crisps.
- This Sensational Irish Cream Cheesecake is so rich and creamy.
- If you plan on partaking in some Irish libations, be sure to fill up on Easy Shepherd’s Pie first!
- For a bite-sized treat, make these Irish Coffee Phyllo Bites.
- Turn this St. Patrick’s Day staple into a luscious dessert with this recipe for Guinness Black and White Chocolate Mousse
- Swap waffles for bread in this impressive Waffle Reuben Stack.
How do you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Share your St. Paddy’s food and beverage photos with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.