Recipe At A Glance
One dip into Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s cheesy delight and it’ll be like you found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 stick plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed well, and drained
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3 Tbsp. bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, flour, butter, paprika, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Using your hands, knead well until a soft dough forms. Roll dough out on a floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Using a 1-1/2-inch shamrock-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough and place on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool then place in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, to make the Vegetable Dip, in a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir in the spinach, peas, corn, and bacon bits; mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.