April 17, 2023
16 Recipes to Make with your Kids this Spring
Getting your kids in the kitchen to help with age-appropriate tasks is a great way to get them interested in cooking from an early age. To help, we’ve gathered 16 of our favorite fun recipes to make with your kids this Spring!
Spring is here, but that doesn’t always mean the weather is ideal. A rain-filled spring day calls for cooking and/or baking with your kids! Your little ones can be great helpers in the kitchen – whether it’s measuring ingredients, washing fruits and veggies, or mixing items in a bowl. It’s also a great way to get them to broaden their palate and eat more wholesome foods, as kids are more likely to eat what they help make. Before you get started, be sure to teach your children food safety skills, like washing their hands with soap and water and cleaning all cooking surfaces.
We’ve pulled together some yummy and fun recipes you can make with your kiddos for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert!
Easy to Make Breakfast Recipes your Kids will Love
- Pizza for breakfast? Yes, please! Your child will enjoy helping make this Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza.
- Let your kiddo be in charge of topping these customizable Pancake Balloons!
- There are some many ingredients your kid can help measure in this recipe for Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins.
- Let your little be in charge of cracking and beating the eggs for these Spicy Sausage & Egg Minis!
Fun Lunchtime Foods for Kids
- Your kid will love helping make these fun PB & J Crescents – especially licking their peanut butter and jam covered fingers at the end!
- Your children will have a blast helping make Snakes in the Grass for lunch!
- If they’re old enough, have your kiddos help stuff the wonton wrappers in the muffin tin to make these BBQ Chicken Cupcakes.
- Waffles aren’t just for breakfast! Make your little one in charge of washing the tomato and lettuce for this Turkey BLT.
Kid-Approved Dinner Recipes
- Because pizza is too good to not have it for breakfast and dinner! We think your child may be up to the challenge of pressing the muffin mixture into the pan for this Deep Dish Pizza.
- While this Shrimp Pot Pie recipe may be a little more challenging, we think your kiddo can definitely help with rolling out the pie crust dough. Let them watch and learn for the remaining steps.
- Task your child with topping the Cheesy Bacon and Mini Pierogy Hash with the corn flake topping mixture!
- If your kiddo is a little older, they can help you with the layers of this Lazy Lasagna.
Desserts Your Kids Will Have as Much Fun Making as Eating
- These Simple Spring Flowers are definitely a treat your little ones can help make and decorate!
- These delightful Raspberry Cheesecake Bites are simple to make and the perfect size to satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Brighten up a rainy day with these Lemon Bliss Cupcakes!
- This Bumbleberry Cobbler is another easy recipe your children can help with measuring ingredients.
What are your favorite recipes to make with your kids? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.