- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 Tbsp. caramel flavored coffee creamer, divided
- 1 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- sea salt for sprinkling
- To make whipped cream, in a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat heavy cream, 1 tablespoon coffee creamer, and 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar until stiff; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 6 ramekins or custard cups with cooking spray and place on a baking sheet.
- In a large microwavable bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave 1 minute. Continue to melt at 15-second intervals until chocolate is smooth
- Add flour, remaining 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons coffee creamer, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in eggs and yolks until smooth. Spoon batter evenly into ramekins.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until edges are firm and centers are soft. Remove from oven and let sit 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, combine 1 tablespoon coffee creamer and caramel topping. Heat until warm.
- Loosen lava cakes around edges with a knife and invert onto dessert plates. Drizzle with caramel mixture, sprinkle with sea salt, and dollop with whipped cream. Serve immediately.