- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 sheets Athens® Phyllo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 pound (about 2 cups) cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime (or lemon) juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (or parsley), finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup black beans, cooked
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- In a small saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat.
- Lightly brush 6” tart pans with butter-oil mixture. Layer 5 phyllo sheets, brushing each with the butter-oil mixture. Cut two, 7-inch circles from phyllo stack.
- Place cut tart shape in the buttered pan. Carefully push phyllo into pan, pressing firmly against bottom and sides. Repeat process 3 times to make 8 shells.
- Bake empty shells in preheated 350ºF oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool. Remove shells from pans.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, lime juice, 1/4 cup oil, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Spread the beans evenly in each shell. Top each with about 1/2 cup of chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve.