Recipe At A Glance
Get ready to wow your family with recipe for Mini Spinach and Shrimp Quesadillas with Avocado from Cooking and Beer.
- 1/2 pkg. SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp (9 oz.)
- 1 pkg. Green Giant Chopped Spinach
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 8 street taco-sized flour tortillas
- 4 slices Sargento provolone cheese
- 1 large avocado, seeded, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 c. Sargento Off the Block Mexican Cheese
- Serve with: chopped parsley, sour cream, green goddess dressing, etc. (optional)
- nonstick spray
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F, and line a medium-sized baking sheet with foil. Add 9 ounces of the SeaPak Popcorn Shrimp and lay out in an even layer (reseal the box, freeze, and serve the rest at a later time).
- Place the shrimp in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the shrimp are crispy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool for just a minute.
- While the shrimp is baking, prepare your spinach. Remove the spinach from the pouch and place it in a large nonstick skillet set over medium heat. As the spinach heats up, break it apart with a wooden spoon until it is loose, about 4 minutes.
- At this point, season the spinach with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper. Stir and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until the spinach is hot. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Take your slightly cooled shrimp and loosely chop it. Set aside.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat and spray it with a nonstick spray. While your pan is heating up, assemble your quesadillas. On 4 tortillas layer a slice of provolone cheese, a couple of slices of avocado, 2 tablespoons of the chopped spinach, 2 tablespoons of the popcorn shrimp, and a tablespoon or two of the shredded cheese. Top them with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Working in batches (I did two at a time), place the quesadillas on the hot pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until brown on one side and flip. Cook for an additional 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty. Remove from heat and repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut the quesadillas into fours and serve with desired dressing or sour cream. Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired. Enjoy immediately!