- 1½ cups Borden® Cheese Triple Cheddar Shreds
- 1 cup Borden® Cheese Colby & Monterey Jack Shreds
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Borden® butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup Borden® Vitamin D Milk
- 1 cup Borden® Half & Half
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- ½ tsp. black pepper Salt to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 1½-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cheeses in a medium bowl and set aside.
- COOK macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- MEANWHILE, melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Gradually whisk in milk and half & half. Stir constantly, until mixture boils and thickens (about 2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat and add cayenne and black peppers, and 2 cups of the reserved cheese mixture; stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- STIR cooked macaroni into the sauce and season to taste. Place in the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining ½ cup of cheese and dot with additional butter, if desired. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.