August 24, 2020
Waffle Day Recipes for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner
National Waffle Day is the perfect time to embrace this crisp, yet fluffy, wonder for a delicious treat anytime of the day. Waffles are eaten throughout the world, particularly in Belgium, which has over a dozen regional varieties. Is there a difference between a Belgian and regular waffle? It’s all in the appearance. Belgian waffles have thicker and fewer, but deeper, indentations than a regular waffle. With these recipes for savory and sweet dishes, waffles won’t be just for breakfast anymore. We’ve also included some fun waffle shapes for kids to enjoy in celebration of Waffle Day.
- Get your morning started off right with this Waffle Breakfast Stack.
- A hearty Chili with Cheesy Cornbread Waffles make the perfect pair.
- Steal the show with savory Cheddar and Ham Waffles made from a gourmet-tasting batter.
- Take a trip down South with this bite-sized recipe for Southern Chicken and Waffle Bites.
- Relish this Waffle Bruschetta with Tomatoes appetizer made with Mediterranean herbs and mascarpone.
- You won’t even miss the real sausage in this tasty Eggo Waffle Veggie Sandwich.
- The flavors of cheesecake and your favorite ice cream come together in this Waffle Cheesecake Supreme.
- Black Forest Belgian Waffles are so decadent with cocoa, cherries and cream.
- Heat things up with the dessert of your dreams – Grilled Waffle Sundaes with Berry Sauce.
- Pair these tasty Peanut Butter Waffles with a berry syrup for the ultimate PB&J flavor.
- Break out the waffle iron for some sweet and delicious Waffle French Toast with Maple Cream.
- Everyone can enjoy these Vegan Gluten Free Blueberry Yogurt Waffles for a filling breakfast.
- If you can’t wait until Christmas time, whip up these magical Gingerbread Waffles.
- Simplify these elegant Waffles Topped with Vanilla Crème Fraîche and Strawberries by using frozen waffles instead of making them from scratch.
Fun for the Kids
- Little ones will buzz with delight when they taste this Buzzy Bee Waffle topped with ice cream, fruit and cookies.
- These brightly-colored fruit and waffle Fish will swim right off the plate.
- Delight your kids with a friendly Night Owl made from waffles, pancakes and marshmallow.
- These tasty Turtles sport ice cream shells on top of mini waffle bodies.
- This yummy arrangement of fruit, waffle and ice cream makes the cutest Butterfly on a Flower.
What’s your favorite way to top a waffle? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.