- 6 frozen waffles
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups assorted frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place waffles on a baking sheet and brush both sides with butter; set aside.
- In a disposable 8-inch aluminum pan, combine fruit and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk water and cornstarch until smooth; then pour over fruit.
- Place on grill and heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fruit starts to break down and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Place waffles on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until waffle begins to brown.
- Place waffles on serving plate, top with ice cream and spoon fruit over ice cream and waffle. Serve immediately.
They tested this with assorted frozen berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and strawberries) but feel free to try with sliced frozen peaches or pineapple…you name it! To take this over the top, dollop with whipped cream.