Recipe At A Glance
Fire up the grill ’cause Mr. Food Test Kitchen is about to heat things up with the summer dessert of your dreams! They imagined the idea of a waffle cone sundae and came up with this sweet treat. Serve this at your next backyard bash and you can practically guarantee smiles all-around!
- 6 frozen waffles
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups assorted frozen fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place waffles on a baking sheet and brush both sides with butter; set aside.
- In a disposable 8-inch aluminum pan, combine fruit and sugar. In a small bowl, whisk water and cornstarch until smooth; then pour over fruit.
- Place on grill and heat for 8 to 10 minutes or until fruit starts to break down and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally. Place waffles on grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes per side or until waffle begins to brown.
- Place waffles on serving plate, top with ice cream and spoon fruit over ice cream and waffle. Serve immediately.