February 20, 2020
Cheers to National Muffin Day!
February 20 marks National Muffin Day. While English style muffins that are yeast raised date back to the 10th or 11th century, American style muffins, also known as ‘quick breads’, were not developed until the 18th century. Muffins come in both savory and sweet varieties, and often have toppings or coatings. While American style muffins are very similar to a cupcake in size, they are eaten primarily during breakfast and cupcakes are almost always made with cake batter.
Today is the perfect excuse you need to indulge in these savory and sweet muffins and English muffins.
- You can have the best of both breakfast worlds with these comforting Maple French Toast Muffins!
- Start your day with these Sunshine Breakfast Muffin Cups.
- You won’t be able to resist these Best-Loved Blueberry Muffins!
- Rise and shine with a Breakfast English Muffin Melt.
- Bake up a breakfast you can feel good about, like these Whole-Wheat Banana Nut Muffins.
- Muffins aren’t just for breakfast – cook up these impressive Crab Cake Muffins!
- We bet you didn’t know you can use yogurt to make muffins, like thest luscious Chocolate Chip Muffins!
- Orange juice isn’t just for drinking – bake up these Orange Sour Cream Muffins!
- When you need to get out the door fast, heat up a Delights Canadian Bacon, Egg White & Cheese Honey Wheat English Muffin for a guilt-free breakfast.
- These Morning Glory Muffins can be made with soy milk. almond milk, oat milk and/or coconut milk.
- Stock up on these Refrigerated English Muffins in original, sourdough, multigrain and cinnamon raisin!
- These Cottage Cheese, Egg and Ham Muffins are so light, fluffy and delicious.
- Dazzle your taste buds with these Cranberry Ginger Pear Muffins starring frozen cranberries.
- These Coconut Streusel Muffins with Strawberry Butter are a great way to welcome the spring season.
- These Sassy Southwest Muffin Bites are perfect for a game-day snack or a party appetizer.
- You don’t have to wait until the fall season to enjoy these Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Muffins!
- For when you’re on the go, heat up a Delights Turkey Sausage, Egg White & Cheese English Muffin.
- Everyone can enjoy these yummy Gluten Free Blueberry Corn Muffin Bites!
- The yogurt in these scrumptious Banana Muffins makes them super moist.
- Jump-start your morning with these zesty Lemon Flaxseed Muffins.
- We bet you didn’t know you could turn your English muffins into these Strawberries Romanoff Muffins.
- Your kiddos will especially love these Peanut Butter Raspberry Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins!
What is your favorite kind of muffin? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.