May 21, 2021
18 Ways to Celebrate National Salad Month
National Salad Month is here! The month of May is the perfect start to gather salad recipes to enjoy a lighter meal in the warm weather coming. National Salad Month was created to encourage people to incorporate more healthy habits into their daily lives . With Romaine lettuce being the most nutritious, lettuce is a great source for Vitamin A, Vitamin K, folate, and has very few calories . No on said being healthy had to boring though! There are tons of ways you can dazzle up your salad. We put together a go-to list for all your flavor needs!
Flavorful Fruit Salads
- The Tart Cherry & Walnut Salad with Classic Crumbled Goat Cheese will satisfy all your taste buds.
- This Blueberry-Spinach Salad is packed with vitamins and minerals to make you feel great all day after eating it.
- We can’t think of anything better than a Strawberry-Chicken Salad!
- Island Coconut Shrimp Salad is the perfect summer salad that includes slices of mangos. Yum!
- The Baby Greens & Berry Salad recipe is “berry” delicious.
- The Black Bean Burger and Cranberry Salad is the beacon of flavor with the spicy veggie burger, tangy feta cheese and dried cranberry pieces. How yummy!
Meat Lovers Salads
- This Grilled Avocado & Salmon Salad Recipe is everything you need from the healthy fats from the avocado to the loads of iron in the salmon.
- The Crunchy Turkey Salad on Greens gets better with every bite!
- Taco night just got healthier with this Tossed Taco Salad recipe.
- This Summer Garden Salad with Chicken is the perfect light meal for the summer heat!
- There’s no better way to enjoy a grilled steak than with this Grilled Summer Steak Salad recipe.
- The Buffalo Shrimp Salad has all the flavor you’ve been waiting for.
- This Rainbow Stacked Salad of colorful fixins’ stacks up to be an easy summer main dish salad.
- Crunchy and nutritious, it doesn’t get better than the Kale Apple Cheddar Salad.
- We love this onion dressing on any salad but our favorite is on the Avocado-Grapefruit Salad.
- This Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe is bound to make any salad delicious!
- The refreshing and nutty flavors of this Rainbow Chopped Cashew Salad will have you making this recipe all the time.
- The meatless Quinoa Burger with Pineapple Salad is everything you need and more!
Happy National Salad Month! We will be using these recipes all summer long. Share with us your go-to salad recipe on social media @EasyHomeMeals.