March 30, 2022
18 Recipes Using Frozen Fruits & Veggies
As Frozen Food Month wraps up tomorrow, we couldn’t forget about our love for frozen fruits & veggies. Frozen produce is available year-round and is always in season. The vegetables and fruits are picked at the peak of ripeness and flash frozen, locking in vitamins and nutrients. Because of this, they have a much longer shelf life, so you can say goodbye to spoiling produce in your fridge and on your counter. Frozen fruits & veggies are ultra-convenient, as the washing, peeling, slicing and dicing is already done for you! You can even buy already seasoned and flavored frozen veggies, so there’s even less prep-work involved when cooking.
There has also been a ton of innovation in the frozen produce category the last 10 years – for example: veggie swaps like cauliflower pizza crust, zucchini French fries, riced broccoli and spiraled veggie noodles. There are also veggie products specific for cooking methods like grilling, roasting, air frying, etc. – plus fruit blends that are ready for the blender to make quick smoothies. Frozen fruits & veggies are economical, convenient to use, less wasteful and of course good for you. What’s not to love?!
Enjoy these simply delicious recipes using frozen fruits & veggies:
- This Cherry Berry Smoothie is berry yummy!
- For a smoothie that has both veggies and fruits, blend up this Lean & Green Smoothie.
- One sip of this Blue Dream Smoothie and you’ll definitely think you’re dreaming!
- No slicing required to make this Pineapple Peach Smoothie.
- Say goodbye to tearing up while chopping onions with this recipe for Spinach and Ham Breakfast Bake.
- Who needs to go out for brunch when you can make this Broccoli Quinoa Frittata at home.
- Start your day on a sweet note with these drool-worthy Blueberry Donuts!
- Recipe bowls are all the rage these days. These Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Bowls are filled with veggies – including cauliflower veggie tots!
Side Dishes & Appetizers
- An appetizer classic, make these Easy Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms in no time.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan Butternut
- Our mouths are watering over these Corn Tarts using seasoned frozen corn.
- For an appetizer you can feel good about, make these crunchy Zucchini Fries Parmesan.
- The Goat Cheese Crostini topped with frozen berries is almost too beautiful to eat!
- For a tasty and simple side dish, make these Roasted Tuscan Vegetables.
- Skip the annoying pepper slicing with this recipe for Chicken Fajitas.
- For a gluten-free version of this classic dish, make Squash “Spaghetti and Meatballs” using frozen squash spirals and gluten-free meatballs.
- For a sweet and savory dinner, make this Barbecue Chicken Tart that’s topped with frozen pineapple and mango chunks.
- Step up dinner-time with Ready-in-Minutes Stuffed Peppers.
- There’s no need to chop up broccoli with this Weeknight Sausage & Cheesy Vegetable Penne Pasta recipe.
What are your favorite recipes to make using frozen fruits & veggies? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals.