Recipe At A Glance
Get out your soup spoons, ’cause everyone is going to want a taste of this flavorful Mediterranean Tortellini Soup! This cheesy, veggie-filled soup is made with the convenience of some of Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s favorite frozen ingredients, which means it cooks up in no time and is weeknight-perfect.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. frozen chopped onion
- 2 14-1/2 oz. cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 7 c. chicken broth
- 1 19 oz. package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 9 oz. package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 14 oz. package frozen Italian blend vegetables
- Freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking.
- Sauté onions until tender, then add tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil. Add tortellini, spinach and vegetables and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until tortellini are tender.
- Garnish each bowl with Parmesan cheese, serve immediately