- 1 (15.25 oz.) box chocolate cake mix, prepared and baked according to package directions for two 9-inch cake pans
- 4 cups cherry chip ice cream, softened
- 6 to 7 assorted novelty ice cream bars, cut into 2-inch pieces (see Tip)
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- Caramel sauce for drizzling
- Hot fudge sauce for drizzling
- Remove cakes to a wire rack to cool, then remove from cake pans.
- Clean cake pans then line with plastic wrap. Place cooled cakes back into cake pans.
- Evenly spread cherry chip ice cream over 1 cake.
- Gently press half the ice cream novelty pieces into cherry chip ice cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze.
- Spread vanilla ice cream over second cake; cover and freeze until ice cream is solid.
- Remove cherry chip ice cream cake to a platter, discarding plastic wrap.
- Place vanilla ice cream cake layer on top.
- Arrange remaining novelty ice cream pieces on vanilla ice cream, as shown.
- Drizzle with caramel and hot fudge sauces. Serve immediately or freeze until ready to serve.
For novelty ice cream, we tested with Snickers® and Twix® ice cream bars, and M & M’s® ice cream cookie sandwiches. And when it comes to the flavor of the ice cream, feel free to use your favorites.