- 2 chicken tenderloins
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Land O Lakes Unsalted Butter
- pinch of celery salt
- pinch of salt
- pinch of ground cayenne pepper
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 to 3 ounces hot sauce (I used Frank’s RedHot)
- Athens Foods mini fillo shells
- blue cheese (or ranch) dressing
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add chicken tenderloins to a bake sheet. Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken tenders. Season with salt and pepper. Bake chicken for 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink on the outside. Allow the chicken to rest. Reduce oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the buffalo sauce while the chicken is in the oven: melt 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes butter in a sauce pan on medium. Add celery salt, salt, cayenne pepper and chili powder and stir. Add hot sauce and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- After the chicken has cooled, slice the chicken against the grain and then dice into pieces. Put chicken into a bowl and pour the buffalo sauce into the bowl and mix until chicken is coated in buffalo sauce.
- Make sure oven is set to 350 degrees F. Arrange the Athens Foods mini fillo shells on a baking sheet. Add buffalo chicken to fillo shells evenly. Bake for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Remove from oven and drizzle blue cheese or ranch dressing on top and serve immediately. (Optionally: serve with celery sticks.)