January 11, 2022
5 Ways to Dress up Your Drink for National Milk Day
Did you hear the MOO-velous news? January 11 is National Milk Day! Today commemorates the day that it’s believed the first milk deliveries in glass bottles began in the United States in 1878.
Here are some simple ways to incorporate milk and/or plant-based alternatives into your diet:
- During lunch, replace juice or soda with a glass of plain milk or chocolate milk
- Enjoy a bowl of cereal with milk for breakfast
- Add milk to your morning cup of Joe
- Make scrambled eggs with milk instead of water for fluffier eggs
- Blend up a fruit smoothie using milk for breakfast, snack or dessert
We’ve rounded up five of our favorite ways to dress up your glass of milk.
- Kick your milkshake up a notch with vodka and chocolate liqueur in this Tipsy S’mores Milkshake.
- This cool Creamy Avocado Cacao Smoothie is a yummy protein packed snack to fuel you through your day.
- Rich with chocolate and warm spice, this extra-creamy Mayan Hot Chocolate is perfect on a cold day.
- A refreshing way to start the day, these Peachy Smoothies are a breeze to make.
- With the taste of baked berry crisp, this Berry Cobbler Milkshake is a sweet treat you can enjoy all year long.
Milk going to expire before you can use it? Check out our video that answers the question: Can I Freeze Milk?
What’s your favorite way to get more milk in your diet? Share with us @EasyHomeMeals.