February 2, 2023
18 Tot-ally Tasty Ideas for Tater Tot Day
Most know February 2 as Groundhog Day, where we find out if the groundhog sees its shadow for a longer winter – but it is also National Tater Tot Day! These tasty tots are best enjoyed as a savory treat or even as a whole meal in itself.
Did you know that they were created from reducing food waste? Ore-Ida’s French fries left scraps behind when cut down from its original potato shape, so entrepreneur F. Nephi Grigg invented new machinery to smush the potato scraps into the familiar to shape and freeze them. Travelling from Oregon to Florida, Grigg took his invention to the 1954 National Potato Convention to share with chefs and potato connoisseurs, and the rest is history!  Tater tots have come quite a long from the economical mid-century children’s snack, to the versatile food that are so popular in restaurants and kitchens today. Explore these innovative ideas to celebrate the true holiday of today!
- Double Sauce & Bacon Loaded Tots are packed full of savory deliciousness for your morning meal.
- Make a bunch of these Zucchini Tot Breakfast Burritos and freeze them for on-the-go!
- Have brunch for the whole family with this Smoky Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole.
- Loaded with sauteed veggies, these Breakfast Egg Casserole Tot Cups are an entire breakfast all-in-one cup!
- Nachos are delicious with tortilla chips, but these Potato Tot Taco Nachos kick things up a totch.
- Like shepherd’s pie but even better, this Crispy Potato Tot Casserole Skillet is an easy all-in-one dish.
- Cauliflower Veggie Tot Reuben Bake is just like the sandwich but in casserole form.
- No one said you can’t have snacks for dinner – enjoy these Cheeseburger Tater Tot Bites with a dollop of sour cream on top!
- We hope you like it cheesy because these Totchos with Queso have all the fixin’s!
- Make a meal around Potato Puffs by adding your favorite toppings or sauces!
- Tots are pretty amazing as-is, but these Mini Tater Tots are even more fun!
- These Crispy Sweet Potato Puffs are bring the crispiness of tots together with the sweetness of sweet potatoes.
- You certainly can’t go wrong with classic Super Crispy Tots, made with 100% certified Idaho Potatoes!
- Make game day spicy with Buffalo Veggie Tots, perfect with a cool dipping sauce!
- Get your full veggie serving with Zucchini Tots, available in Pizza, Parmesan AND Sour Cream & Onion flavors!
- The variety doesn’t stop there – these Broccoli & Cheese Veggie Tots are a tasty combo sure to please.
- Cauliflower more your thing? Cauliflower, Cheese & Bacon tots are satisfyingly savory.
- Or mix it up with Veggie Tots made with Sweet Potato & Cauliflower!
What is your favorite way to enjoy tater tots? Share with us on social @EasyHomeMeals!