- 1-2 Tbsp. butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powde
- 1/4 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 9.6oz pkg. of Fully Cooked Original Jimmy Dean Sausage Crumbles
- 32 oz. pkg. Ore-Ida Golden TATOR TOTS™
- 8 oz. block of Cracker Barrel Sharp Yellow Cheese, shredded and divided in half
- fresh tomatoes and green onions for topping (optional)
- Preheat the grill or smoker to 350 degrees.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 12-inch cast iron skillet with a generous amount of butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, heavy cream and spices.
- Place the frozen sausage crumbles in the skillet. Sprinkle ½ of the shredded cheese on top of the sausage.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the sausage and cheese mix
- On top, arrange the tots in a single layer.
- Cover with foil and bake in the grill or smoker for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, add the remaining ½ of the shredded cheese and bake uncovered for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are set and the tots are golden brown.
- Top with freshly chopped tomatoes and green onions if you wish and serve immediately.
-You may have a few servings of tots left in the bag, as a full bag doesn’t quite fit. Use it for a snack later!
-You can bake this in an oven at the same temperature and time.
-No cast iron skillet? Try a 10 x 10 baking pan.
-Want extra zing? Add grilled onions or peppers with the sausage layer.