18 Ideas for the Best Homemade Bread Day
Did you know National Homemade Bread Day is today? This day is all about celebrating tasty breads and encouraging baking your own bread at home! Throughout the pandemic, many of us baked (tons of) banana bread, or even experimented with baking more advanced breads like sourdough. However, many others still may feel a bit intimidated baking bread from scratch—and that’s okay! Luckily, there are so many easy recipes and pre-made dough from the frozen and dairy aisles to help you create your own absolutely amazing bread creations.
Here are a few fun facts about bread to kick off Homemade Bread Day:
- Sliced bread did not come widely available until 1928.
- Before erasers were used to remove pencil marks, soft bread crumbs were used!
- Ancient Egyptians used moldy bread to treat infected burn wounds.
- The earliest bread seems to have originated from around 8000 BC in the Middle East, when grain was crushed and produced into the bread product we now call tortillas or chapatis (India).
Homemade Bread Recipes
- This Harvest Quick Bread is seasonal loaf that’s full of flavor!
- Basil Tomato Bread is so fresh and elegant alongside any meal.
- Old Fashioned Biscuits are a great addition to any casserole or dinner recipe!
- Cheesy Cornbread Muffins are a must-have side for your breakfast, lunch OR dinner recipes.
Monkey Bread Recipes
- Monkey bread can be savory too – just try this Turkey Sausage Monkey Bread with Creamy White Cheddar!
- Everyone will go bananas over this Bananas Foster Monkey Bread!
- All you need is two ingredients to make this savory Grilled Monkey Bread with pesto.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Monkey Bread is such a tasty flavor combo.
- It’s easier than you think to make this savory Herb & Parmesan Monkey Bread thanks to frozen bread!
Other Sweet Breads
- Use up those ripe bananas with Mom’s Banana Bread – yummy for breakfast or a snack.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is so rich and chocolatey, you’d never know it contains veggies!
- Cranberry Apple Bread is a great recipe to include this holiday season!
- Inspired by Irish soda bread, this Vanilla Currant Bread has a sweet vanilla yogurt taste.
Bread & Roll Shortcuts
- White Tray Pack Ready-Dough comes ready for proofing and baking and is your shortcut to delicious homemade bread!
- Having a big pasta dinner? No pasta dish is complete without Bread Sticks with Real Garlic.
- “Everything” seasoning is so on-trend right now. Try out these soft and fluffy Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls and Everything Bagel Cauliflower Breadsticks!
- These Sweet Hawaiian Rolls are a versatile roll you can serve as a side or use as buns for mini sandwiches!
What recipes will you make on National Homemade Bread Day? Share with us on social @EasyHomeMeals!