- 2 boxes Spicy Jalapeño & Sharp Cheddar or your favorite variety of Mrs. T’s® Pierogies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Pickled or fresh jalapeño peppers (optional)
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 small ripe avocado
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeño
- ½ Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté pierogies in butter over medium heat, approximately 8 minutes on both sides; arrange hot pierogies on large oven-safe plate.
- Sprinkle with black beans and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Preheat broiler; broil oven-safe nacho plate until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with Pico de Gallo, guacamole, sour cream, and pickled jalapeño peppers if desired. In a hurry? Use prepared salsa and guacamole to top your pierogy nachos!
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spray pierogies with non-stick cooking spray and arrange pierogies on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, turning halfway through bake time. Pierogies should be golden brown. Proceed as directed above.
Pico de Gallo:
- Mix together all ingredients and set aside. Serve on top of pierogies.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop out the inside with a spoon; place in a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with a fork. The mashed avocado should be a little chunky.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients. Serve on top of pierogies.