- 2 ½ lbs sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup Land O’Lakes butter softened
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans divided
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Place peeled and diced sweet potatoes in a dutch oven or large pot. Cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain water off potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to potatoes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or electric mixer. Fold in ¼ c. of chopped pecans.
- Place potato mixture in a 1 quart baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining chopped pecans and then top with marshmallows.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through and marshmallows are golden brown.
Alternative Pecan Streusel Topping
Skip the marshmallows if you are using this topping.
- 1/2 c. melted Land O’Lakes butter
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 c. chopped pecans
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle them over the top of your casserole. Then baked according to directions!