- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 ciabatta bread, cubed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. capers, drained
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegarred wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 8 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil with the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. When the foam from the butter subsides, remove the skillet from the heat and add the garlic and bread and mix well. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the bread is golden brown, tossing once.
- In the meantime, combine the tomatoes, cucumbers, mozzarella and onions in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vinegar, Dijon and the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss well. Add the toasted bread cubes, parsley and basil and toss well. Serve at room temperature.