Recipe At A Glance
Consider making this dish for your next party. You can prep it in advance and pop it in the oven just before serving. As the cheese melts and the butter crisps the bread it makes for irresistible bites.
Featured ProductBorden® Cheese Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Shreds
- 1 loaf crusty bread, 10-12 inches long
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 3-4 cups Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 350o F (175oC).
- SCORE bread with a serrated knife lengthwise and then crosswise several times, making a crosshatch pattern of little squares but keeping the bottom intact and maintaining the shape of the bread.
- SPREAD the pesto in between the crevices of the bread using a small rubber spatula.
- SPRINKLE the Borden® Cheese Mozzarella Shreds into the crevices to fill in, tucking the cheese into the center of the bread. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- TRANSFER the loaf to a sheet pan lined with foil.
- COMBINE the melted butter and garlic and drizzle the mixture evenly over the bread. Season with salt and pepper.
- BAKE until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 15 minutes. Serve warm with marinara, if desired.
Credit to Chef Kelsey Nixon for this recipe.
Credit to @caitlacoop for the accompanying image.