Recipe At A Glance
Turn your favorite campfire treat into a decadent ice cream concoction with this recipe for S’mores Ice Cream Balls from Mr. Food Test Kitchen.
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 (1.55-ounce) milk chocolate candy bar, broken into 12 sections
- 12 marshmallows
- 12 graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate syrup to drizzle
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking liners.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of ice cream into each liner, pressing down slightly.
- Place a piece of chocolate candy and a marshmallow in center of ice cream.
- Top with a rounded scoop of ice cream, pressing it down firmly so that the marshmallow and the chocolate are completely surrounded.
- Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Remove ice cream balls from freezer and let sit 3 to 5 minutes to soften slightly.
- Place crushed graham crackers in a shallow dish. Remove paper baking liners from ice cream balls and roll in graham cracker crumbs, coating completely.
- Place back into muffin cups. Freeze until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Test Kitchen Tip – It’s important to make sure the ice cream is at the right temperature before rolling it into the graham crackers so they stick properly. If it’s too hard, they won’t stick, if it’s too soft, you’ll have a mess on your hands.