- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen fully-cooked turkey or beef meatballs, cut in half
- 1 cup frozen diced peppers and onions
- 3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice (see Tip)
- Shredded Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
- In a soup pot, combine chicken broth, meatballs, peppers, and onions, spinach, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked rice and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
Did you know you can even find cooked white rice in your grocery store’s freezer case that will help make this recipe even easier to throw together? To make this a family favorite, just switch up your favorite frozen vegetables and serve with baked up hot, crusty rolls from the freezer case.