- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 4 oz cream cheese, softned
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp diced roasted red pepper, drained well
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 sheet refrigerated puff pastry
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl whisk egg and water; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, roasted peppers, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Unfold pastry sheet and place lengthwise on a flat surface. Brush edges with egg mixture. Spread cheese mixture evenly over puff pastry. Sprinkle bacon and scallions evenly over cheese mixture. Tightly roll up pastry jelly roll-style. Cut into 16 (1/2-inch) slices and lay flat on baking sheets. Brush with remaining egg mixture on sides and tops.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip:
- Yes, you can make these ahead of time and simply warm them up just minutes before serving.