- 1 box of Classic Cheddar Pierogies, or your favorite variety of Mrs. T's® Pierogies
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 strips of bacon
- Borden American Cheese Melts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- sour cream for dipping (optional)
- Heat olive oil and half of the butter (1 Tbsp.) in a medium sauté pan. Add pierogies and cook until cooked through and crispy, approximately 8 minutes on each side.
- Next, melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a pan over medium heat, add onions, and cook until soft. Set cooked onions aside.
- To assemble the sandwich, butter the outside of both pieces of bread. Layer ingredients on the unbuttered side of the bread in this order: cheese, Mrs. T's® Pierogies, salt and pepper, onions, 2 strips of bacon and another cheese slice, if preferred.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook grilled cheese covered until browned and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream for dipping.
Comments & Reviews
My kids love this sandwich!