Recipe At A Glance
This is one of those recipes that’s easy enough to make any weeknight, yet fancy enough to be weekend special. Don’t be surprised when your gang asks for this Phyllo-Wrapped Tuscan Chicken over and over again; it’s that good!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 (16-oz.) package frozen phyllo dough (1/2 box thawed, 20 sheets)
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed and slightly pounded
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli florets, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic powder; mix well and set aside.
- Gently unroll phyllo dough and place 1 sheet on a flat surface (short end towards you). Lightly brush with melted butter. Repeat step 4 more times, laying each layer of phyllo on top of the other.
- Sprinkle one chicken breast with salt and pepper and place on phyllo dough, 2-inches from short end. Spread one-quarter of cream cheese mixture on the chicken and top with one-quarter of the broccoli. Roll-up phyllo dough, fold sides under, and place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat this process 3 more times with remaining chicken, cream cheese mixture, broccoli, and phyllo dough.
- Brush top and sides of the 4 bundles with melted butter and bake 22 to 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the pastry is crispy and golden.
Test Kitchen Tip: The key to the perfect phyllo crust is brushing each layer with butter. This is no time to be skimpy with the butter, got it?