- 1 (32-ounce) carton vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) bag frozen cheese tortellini
- 1/4 cup prepared, refrigerated Italian basil pesto (such as Giovanni Rana)
- 1 (8-ounce) package frozen asparagus spears; cut to bite-size pieces
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen whole spinach leaves
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 (8-ounce) bag Parmesan cheese shreds (optional garnish)
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- Total Servings 17
- Serving Size 1/2 cup
- Calories per Serving 66
- Total Fat 2g
- Saturated fat <1g
- Trans fat 0g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Sodium 279mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 0g
- Protein 2.5g
- In a large 4-quart pot, add the stock and bring to a boil. Add tortellini and reduce heat to simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and spinach. Add lemon juice and red pepper flakes (to taste). Bring back to a simmer.
- Ladle ½ cup soup into serving bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese shreds and serve immediately with crusty bread if desired.