- 1 1/2 cups sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups Colby Jack cheese cubes
- 8 refrigerated hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut into chunks
- To make the dressing: in a medium bowl, whisk sour cream, milk, and ranch mix until slightly thickened.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to use.
- To make the salad: in a large glass bowl or trifle dish, layer half the lettuce, then half the tomatoes, corn, onion, peas, cheese, and egg. Top with half the dressing. Repeat layers one more time except for ranch dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve the stacked salad with remaining ranch dressing.