- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen spicy pork sausage, thawed*
- 2/3 cup chopped green and/or red bell pepper
- 6 cups cubed (3/4-in.) French bread
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- 3 LAND O LAKES® All-Natural Eggs
- 1 tsp. onion salt
- 6-oz. (1 1/2 cups) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Cook sausage and peppers in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned and peppers are crisply tender (3 to 5 minutes). Drain off fat.
Combine sausage mixture and bread cubes in large bowl. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square or 11×7 baking dish. Set aside.
Combine milk, Land O' Lakes® Butter, eggs and onion salt in same bowl; mix well. Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture in baking dish; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Cover tightly; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover; bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and cheese is browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
*Substitute 1 (12-ounce) package bulk ground Italian sausage.