For the Crust:
- 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs (1 1/2 packages)
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 6 Tbsp. of cut up cold unsalted butter
For the Cake:
- 2 pounds of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 cup of heavy cream
For the Berries:
- 1 cup of blackberries
- 1 pint of sliced strawberries
- For the crust: In a food processor add in the graham crackers, and powdered sugar and process until they become crumb like.
- Next, add in the butter and pulse until it is incorporated and becomes packed in.
- Place the graham cracker crumbs in a spring form pan lined with a parchment paper round and press down using the back side of a spoon to pack in the pan. Wrap the outside of the spring form pan in foil and place it in large pan and set aside.
- For the cake: In a standing mixer with the paddle attachment whip the cream cheese until it becomes light and fluffy while stopping every few minutes to scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Next, add in the sugar and continue to whip until it is completely incorporated (about 5 minutes) while continuing to stop and scrape the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Next, add in the orange zest and orange juice and mix until incorporated. Stop and scrape the bowl again and add in the vanilla until it is combined.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the bowl again before adding in 1 egg at a time until they are completely incorporated. Stop and scrape the bowl before adding in the sour cream.
- Once the sour cream is incorporated, stop and scrape the bowl before mixing in the cream.
- After all is incorporated pour the cheesecake batter into the spring form pan on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Next, place the large pan in the oven on a rack and slightly pull it out to fill the larger pan up with hot water so that it comes up the the 1/2 way point of the spring form pan.
- Place the both pans in the oven and bake at 350° for about 1 1/2 hours. Once it is done, turn the oven off and crack the oven door and let the cake cool to room temperature in the oven.
- Once the cake is to room temperature, remove the springform pan and completely cool it in the refrigerator over night. Serve with fresh berries.