- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 cup frozen vegetables of your choice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine the butter and olive oil in a large high-sided sauté pan. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 8 minutes. Add the flour and stir to combine. Slowly add the milk and chicken broth, stirring continuously. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked chicken and frozen vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes then remove from the heat and let cool.
- Lay out the puff pastry sheets and cut 4-inch circles out of the dough. Place the dough circles in a 6-cup muffin pan. Spoon the filling into each muffin cup.
- Using the remaining puff pastry, cut 1/4-inch strips of dough, and make a lattice top for each muffin cup. Press the lattice top to seal around the edges of each muffin cup. Brush the lattice tops with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.