- 1 prepared recipes BAYS Garlic Bread (see below)
- 1 dozen fried eggs, sunny side up or over easy
- 1 eggplant (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- olive oil
- 2 large heirloom or regular tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce, warmed
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped parsley, optional
BAYS Garlic Bread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 6 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- Trim ends off eggplant; peel. Cut crosswise into 12 (1/4-inch) slices. Beat eggs in one medium bowl and place bread crumbs in another medium bowl.
- Place ¼ cup of oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat for several minutes. Dip each eggplant slice in beaten egg and then coat well with breadcrumbs; place in hot skillet. Cook about 3 minutes or until golden brown; flip and continue cooking until browned and tender. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Add additional oil as necessary to continue cooking remaining slices and wipe crumbs from skillet as necessary.
- For each serving, top each muffin of BAYS Garlic Bread with 1 cooked eggplant slice, 1 tomato slice, 1 fried egg and 1 tablespoon marinara sauce. Top with cheese and parsley.
- Bays Garlic Bread:
- Mix butter, 1 tablespoon of the cheese, garlic, and parsley in small bowl. Spread 1 teaspoon butter mixture over each muffin half; place on baking sheet. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over muffin halves (1 teaspoon per half).
- Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.