- 3-1/2 cups frozen shredded potatoes, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ready-to-serve bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat 24 mini muffin cup tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Add cheese and bacon; mix until combined.
- Place about a tablespoon of potato mixture into muffin cups and press down gently; cups should be filled to the top.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until crispy brown.
- Let cool slightly (about 2 minutes) then run a knife around edges and remove to a platter.
- Top with sour cream and chives. Serve loaded potato bites immediately.
- These can be prepared and baked ahead. Right before serving, reheat them in a 300 degree F. oven for 10 minutes. Top with sour cream and chive or scallions.