Recipe At A Glance
These gooey butter cookies are bright with lemon flavor!
- 1 stick (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemonade
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Using your electric mixture, cream together the butter, cream cheese and lemon zest. Add the sugar and blend for 2 minutes more. Add the eggs, lemonade, lemon extract and vanilla extract and mix for 2 minutes more.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Scoop 2 tablespoons of cookie dough at a time, forming a ball. Drop each ball into the remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and roll each ball around until well coated.
- Place the cookie balls on the baking sheet at least 2-inches apart and bake for 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving.