- 14 ounce canned corn; drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch (can substitute with potato starch)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 ounce Galbani Mozzarella Cheese; cut into 1-inch cubes
- Neutral oil for frying
- Garnish with chopped parsley & mayo for dipping
- Drain the can of corn then transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, and sugar. Toss well, making sure all kernels are coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk together an egg yolk with cold water.
- Pour the egg mixture into the corn. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Fill a deep pot with neutral oil about halfway up. Heat the oil to 350F (175C).
- Take ¼ cup to ⅓ cup of the corn mixture and place a mozzarella cheese cube in the center. Roll the corn mixture into a ball.
- Carefully place the corn ball into the oil. Fry for 4 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Work in batches to prevent the corn balls from sticking.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with a side of Kewpie mayo.