- 1 stick Land O' Lakes Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup hot honey
- 1 each large egg; room temperature
- 3/4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For Sugar Mixture
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts; chopped
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. In a large bowl, beat the butter until smooth with an electric mixer. Continuing to add the hot honey and the egg.
- Once fully combined, mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy, then stir in the dry ingredients until well combined. Cover and chill until firm. This should take about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. While the oven preheats, combine the sugar, chili flakes, and peanuts in a medium bowl to make your sugar mixture.
- Use a scoop or spoon to form small balls of dough. Roll each one in the sugar mixture to coat. Place on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Press the top of each ball to flatten it with the back of a fork. Repeat with the remaining dough, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Bake until golden and set; about 15 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then move them to a wire rack to cool completely.