Recipe At A Glance
Your game-day party definitely needs this mouthwatering Half-Time Bacon Cheese Dip from Mr. Food Test Kitchen!
- 1 (1-lb.) oval loaf Italian or sourdough bread, unsliced
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled crispy cooked bacon
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. beer
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the bread about 1/3 of the way down and set top aside.
- Hollow out inside, leaving about 1-inch of bread around edges.
- Cut top of the bread, and the bread that you removed into 1-inch cubes and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into bread loaf, then loosely wrap the bread load in aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until hot in center.
- Garnish with extra scallions as shown in photo.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve this up with the cut up bread, your favorite veggies and frozen pretzel bites that you can bake right alongside the bread loaf.